Saturday, June 5, 2010

BONZAI!!


On Friday I took off from a day at the cube, my GF and I decided to go to Ozone Zipline Adventures. I wanted to face my fear of heights, leave all the bull shit/drama from work at work and enjoy a nice day in the woods or should I say... above the woods, zipping!

We had an amazing time. We went on 7 different zip lines and of course they went from the bunny zip to the is your balls in your throat now zip. To take on the 7 zips and 6 sky bridges you should go early to beat the heat and allow yourself ample time to enjoy the day. The tour took us about 3 1/2 hours. I think my gf and I may go back in the fall when the foliage is turning. Hit me up if anyone wants to go then. What a great day yesterday was. The best zip of the day was 18 stories high and 780 feet long. I went first on that one! I wasn't going to wait around and think about this for 20 minutes while everyone else went before me, I raised my hand quickly and asked if I could zip first. The ride seemed like an hour but was only 30 seconds or so. I stood on the platform closed my eyes and yelled SHIT!!! as I took off like a bat out of hell. I must of caught speeds up to 60 mph or faster on that one. My endorphins cut off the rationalization to my brain, I went into such a adrenaline high. I landed perfect on the platform on the other side and 20 minutes later I was zipping down the last zip to end the day. My high didn't end for 2 hours after. Super stoked that my gf found this spot and we went. I seriously can not wait to go back.

I must say, you should look into taking this challenge on for yourself, your family, friends or special lady/man friend. I am sure in your state that you reside in has a zip line park, if not I suggest going to one that has. Incredible!

Abe, our guide at Ozone Adventures was super rad and was extremely patient with everyone in our group, my gf was scared that she hurt him one time zipping too fast onto the platform but she didn't even hit him. He was totally a cool guy and put every one's mind to ease right away before the day started. If you do go to Ozone Adventures, ask for Abe to be your guide. I think next time I may try to use my ipod, probably wont let me but it would be nice to have some great background music while zipping over the tree tops.

What a day, what a day!!!

Currently listening to: Angels & Airwaves - Epic Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment