Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Comfort zone


First off happy National Runners Day! I know its almost over on the east coast but I wanted to let it be known. I got my run in for sure today. I whipped up a quickie, 3 miles. My achilles is sore but I have been pushing myself. although, I have been resting more this time around. Workn' on my fitness in the little time I have is important. I have discovered some great new blogs and I added them to my blog roll, Carrots n' Cake and My Quirky Life. They have great ideas for new meals and great stories!
I had an amazing day with food.

Breakfast: Kashi shredded wheat with two spoons of ground flax seed & 1 cup of skim milk.
Lunch: Shot of wheat grass & chicken caesar on a spinach wrap.
Snack: plain yogurt
Din din: Tilapia, grilled asparagus, wild rice and fresh tomatoes (all organic of course).

So back to the comfort zone. I went to my gym and had a great workout. I hit the nautilus machines, upper body. 3 sets 15 reps each exercise. THEN!! I hit the treadmill. HIIT runs for 3 miles. I mean it is national running day, and I usually run outside but today in Cincy it was rather soupy out. So I ran inside. After mile 1 for some reason my HIIT workout was killing me. Mainly I feel because this is my 3rd full week running coming off of injury. I hit a runners high by the second mile. It felt great and I was out of my comfort zone, kind of like me in that picture. Most random pic ever, I know. It has really nothing to do with this but I am random.
I have always been told "that's what you want" to be out of the comfort zone. And, I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment